The cycle repeats. Geothermal power plants are built in Kamchatka, Iceland, Kenya, New Zealand – wherever there is a relatively accessible source of high temperature (> 100 ºC – since water must be turn into steam). And at the same time, steam is easily accessible – kilometers deep into the earth’s crust is not requir. For example, at the Pauzhetskaya GeoTPP (Kamchatsky Krai), wells with a depth of 366 m to 1205 m are us. Of course, hot steam at GeoTPP can serve as a source of heat for boiler houses, and be us for heating nearby towns and cities from GeoTPP, which makes heat supply very affordable and environmentally friendly.
Geothermal installations with heat pumps
The warmth of the earth But not everywhere in Russia there are Japan Email List volcanoes and geysers. Therefore, the second type of geothermal installations with low-potential heat of the earth is also us. Inde, at a depth of 8–10 m, the temperature never drops below +4–10 ºC (depending on the region). Accordingly, in winter it is -20 ºC outside, and +5 ºC underground. The heat pump extracts this heat from underground, concentrates it and transfers it to the building heating system as heat at a temperature of 45-75 ºC. not us to generate electrical energy, more often they are us directly for heating buildings.
The use of heating systems bas on geothermal
The heat pump takes heat/energy from any sources of low-grade Buy Email List heat (water, air, earth with a low temperature of ~5–8 ºC) and concentrates it, and then transfers it to heat buildings. Gasification of settlements in Russia is approximately 70%, and in the remaining 30% of the territory, pumps may be almost the only alternative to firewood, since neither solar nor wind energy is able to fully heat buildings. For heating, soil-water pumps are more efficient: they take the heat from the soil and transfer it to the water circulating in the heating system of buildings.